Friday, October 26th, 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
The focus of this introduction evening will be one of Buddhism’s best loved teachings ‘Eight Verses of Training The Mind’ by the famous Buddhist meditator Geshe Langri Tangpa. These eight verses reveal powerful meditations that awaken our potential for loving kindness, compassion, and wisdom. They also teach us how we can transform lifes’ difficulties into powerful spiritual insights and in a way that enables us to remain calm and positive in the face of adversity – a skill we all need to develop.
This event is taught by Kelsang Tabkay. Kelsang Tabkay is an American Buddhist monk and the Resident Teacher at Kadampa Meditation Center Phoenix. He has been a student of Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso for many years. Tabkay presents Buddhism and meditation in an accessible and clear way, dedicating himself to bringing peace into the hearts of others.
Live streaming classes booked on this website are only open for those local to KMC Florida. To help build a sense of local community, we ask those living in Florida, closer to Tampa, Safety Harbor, Fort Myers, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, and Orlando, to receive live stream classes from these local Kadampa Meditation/Buddhist Centers. Before purchasing our live stream classes please read our payment terms and conditions.
Read our Payment Terms & Conditions
KMC FL's Online Class Terms & Conditions
- The fee for the live stream classes is per person - links to the classes are not to be shared
- Classes are offered live and online. Unless stated, a video recording is not available afterward
Refunds and Cancellation
- Registrants can cancel participation to a live class and receive a full refund by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours before the start time of the class.
- No refunds are given within 24 hours of any class unless there are unique circumstances that are submitted in writing to email@example.com
- KMC FL has done its best to provide a good quality live-stream service. We cannot be responsible for the internet speed, lagging, video or sound quality of the personal devices used by people to receive the live stream.
I agree to these registration terms and conditions.