Friday, July 17th, 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
The law of karma helps us to clearly understand why things happen to us in the way that they do, why our life has turned out the way it has, and why our world is the way it is. So many of the burning questions we have about our life such as “why me?”, “why them?”, or “why us?” are answered through understanding the law of karma.
The law of karma explains the non-deceptive relationship between our actions (causes) and our experiences (their effects). It is a special instance of the law of cause and effect. Positive actions are the main causes of happiness and negative actions are the main causes of our suffering. By understanding and applying Buddha’s teachings on the law of karma we can learn to control our daily experiences and become the script writers of our own life. Karma teaches us that no experience is random and nothing is pre-determined, and that by learning to control our mind and our actions we can become masters of our own destiny and create a life of prosperity, harmony, with deep spiritual meaning.
How is this teaching live streamed?
This teaching is live streamed via YouTube (and not over zoom). When you register for the course you will be sent a link to a landing page on our website where you can watch the Friday Night Lecture live streamed through YouTube. The video recording of this lecture will be available for 48 hours after it is live streamed for all those who register.
This event is taught by Gen Chodor. Our resident teacher, Gen Kelsang Chodor, is a western Buddhist Monk. Ordained in 2001, he is a close disciple of Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche and has studied and practiced Buddhism for many years. He is much loved for his relaxed and gentle nature and teaches with great clarity, insight and wisdom, skillfully guiding people to inner peace and happiness in their lives.
$15 per person (free for Temple Members (use your discount code)) (find out how to become a Temple Member)
Live streaming classes booked on this website are only open for those local to KMC Florida. To help build a sense of local community, we ask those living in Florida, closer to Tampa, Safety Harbor, Fort Myers, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, and Orlando, to receive live stream classes from these local Kadampa Meditation/Buddhist Centers. Before purchasing our live stream classes please read our payment terms and conditions.
Read our Payment Terms & Conditions
KMC FL's Online Class Terms & Conditions
- The fee for the live stream classes is per person - links to the classes are not to be shared
- Classes are offered live and online. Unless stated, a video recording is not available afterward
Refunds and Cancellation
- Registrants can cancel participation to a live class and receive a full refund by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours before the start time of the class.
- No refunds are given within 24 hours of any class unless there are unique circumstances that are submitted in writing to email@example.com
- KMC FL has done its best to provide a good quality live-stream service. We cannot be responsible for the internet speed, lagging, video or sound quality of the personal devices used by people to receive the live stream.
I agree to these registration terms and conditions.