Saturday, November 24th, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
The ancient and traditional Buddhist meditation practice of “taking and giving” is one of the most powerful methods for opening our hearts and overcoming the exaggerated self-concern that disturbs our minds day and night. Taking and giving is also especially effective in helping us develop very subtle, refined states of concentration. In this practice, we learn to combine our love and compassion with our breath, so that as we breathe, we also deepen our ability to cherish and care for others. In this workshop, you can learn how to engage in this special practice, and there will be a focus on engaging in the meditation together.
The schedule of this event is as follows:
Saturday 10 – 11:15 am Teaching & Guided Meditation 11:15 – 11:45 am Break 11:45 am – 1 pm Teaching & Guided Meditation 1 - 2 pm Optional Lunch
This event is taught by Gen Kelsang Demo. Gen Kelsang Demo is the Midwestern US National Spiritual Director and the Resident Teacher at Kadampa Meditation Center Washington DC. She has been a student and disciple of Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche for over 20 years and has been teaching for 18 years. Gen Demo is deeply respected as a teacher and practitioner. She demonstrates a wealth of practical knowledge and provides clear and inspiring teachings for people of all levels of interest.
Live streaming classes booked on this website are only open for those local to KMC Florida. To help build a sense of local community, we ask those living in Florida, closer to Tampa, Safety Harbor, Fort Myers, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, and Orlando, to receive live stream classes from these local Kadampa Meditation/Buddhist Centers. Before purchasing our live stream classes please read our payment terms and conditions.
Read our Payment Terms & Conditions
KMC FL's Online Class Terms & Conditions
- The fee for the live stream classes is per person - links to the classes are not to be shared
- Classes are offered live and online. Unless stated, a video recording is not available afterward
Refunds and Cancellation
- Registrants can cancel participation to a live class and receive a full refund by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours before the start time of the class.
- No refunds are given within 24 hours of any class unless there are unique circumstances that are submitted in writing to email@example.com
- KMC FL has done its best to provide a good quality live-stream service. We cannot be responsible for the internet speed, lagging, video or sound quality of the personal devices used by people to receive the live stream.
I agree to these registration terms and conditions.