Friday, June 12th, 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
As our world is becoming increasingly more stressful, with constant emphasis on material development, there is a danger that we can become disconnected from what is most important to us in our life. We can neglect our physical and mental wellness in blind pursuit of worldly material goals that bring no real satisfaction or lasting happiness.
Buddha taught that no matter how successful we are from a worldly point of view we will never find the deep seated happiness we long for. To be happy, healthy, and to experience true “wellness” we need to spiritually nourish our inner being by cultivating inner peace and positive minds like patience, compassion, and wisdom.
Although important, just simply eating healthy foods and leading a clean life alone will not lead to real happiness for it does not necessarily bring about deep positive inner transformation. (Can eating celery protect us from the stresses and strains of daily life!?). Through following Buddha’s teachings and the spiritual way of life he revealed we can develop true “wellness” from within and a profound mental freedom that will bring us peace, fulfillment, great purpose, and a happy life.
How is this teaching live streamed?
This teaching is live streamed via YouTube (and not over zoom). When you register for this teaching you will be sent a link to a landing page on our website where you can watch the Friday Night Lecture live streamed through YouTube. The video recording of this lecture will be available for 48 hours after it is live streamed for all those who register.
This event is taught by Gen Chodor. Our resident teacher, Gen Kelsang Chodor, is a western Buddhist Monk. Ordained in 2001, he is a close disciple of Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche and has studied and practiced Buddhism for many years. He is much loved for his relaxed and gentle nature and teaches with great clarity, insight and wisdom, skillfully guiding people to inner peace and happiness in their lives.
$15 per person (free for Temple Members (use your discount code)) (find out how to become a Temple Member)
Live streaming classes booked on this website are only open for those local to KMC Florida. To help build a sense of local community, we ask those living in Florida, closer to Tampa, Safety Harbor, Fort Myers, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, and Orlando, to receive live stream classes from these local Kadampa Meditation/Buddhist Centers. Before purchasing our live stream classes please read our payment terms and conditions.
Read our Payment Terms & Conditions
KMC FL's Online Class Terms & Conditions
- The fee for the live stream classes is per person - links to the classes are not to be shared
- Classes are offered live and online. Unless stated, a video recording is not available afterward
Refunds and Cancellation
- Registrants can cancel participation to a live class and receive a full refund by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours before the start time of the class.
- No refunds are given within 24 hours of any class unless there are unique circumstances that are submitted in writing to email@example.com
- KMC FL has done its best to provide a good quality live-stream service. We cannot be responsible for the internet speed, lagging, video or sound quality of the personal devices used by people to receive the live stream.
I agree to these registration terms and conditions.