Saturday, April 25th, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
In this live stream half day meditation retreat we will be practicing two special meditations that heal ourselves and others.
In the first meditation we will be meditating on the peaceful nature of our own mind. This meditation, known as “Mahamudra” meditation, is a wonderful way to create inner space, dissolve distractions, and heal our mind of negative thoughts. It empowers us to react to our external world in the most positive way.
The second meditation will focus on healing others through the power of our compassion, positive visualization, and mantra recitation. This traditional meditation has been practiced for generations, and is known for its power to bring benefit to others.
Each guided meditation session is divided up into a teaching, practical instruction, and time for meditation. Our retreats give people the opportunity to fully immerse into meditation which can be a truly transformational experience. You do not need to be a Buddhist to join our meditation retreats and they are attended by people from all walks of life. Everyone can learn to meditate and everyone can experience the tremendous benefits of meditation.
The schedule of this event is as follows:
Saturday 10 – 11:15 am Meditation 1 11:15 – 11:45 am Break 11:45 am – 1 pm Meditation 2
This event is taught by Gen Kelsang Chodor. Ordained in 2001, he is a close disciple of Geshe-la and has studied and practised Buddhism for many years. He is much loved for his relaxed and gentle nature and teaches with great clarity, insight and wisdom, skilfully guiding people to inner peace and happiness in their lives.
Cost per person Non Member $20 Temple Member $10 (use your $10 discount coupon code) Foundation Program/Teacher Training Program student Free (use your FP/TTP study program discount coupon code)
Live streaming classes booked on this website are only open for those local to KMC Florida. To help build a sense of local community, we ask those living in Florida, closer to Tampa, Safety Harbor, Fort Myers, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, and Orlando, to receive live stream classes from these local Kadampa Meditation/Buddhist Centers. Before purchasing our live stream classes please read our payment terms and conditions.
Read our Payment Terms & Conditions
KMC FL's Online Class Terms & Conditions
- The fee for the live stream classes is per person - links to the classes are not to be shared
- Classes are offered live and online. Unless stated, a video recording is not available afterward
Refunds and Cancellation
- Registrants can cancel participation to a live class and receive a full refund by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours before the start time of the class.
- No refunds are given within 24 hours of any class unless there are unique circumstances that are submitted in writing to email@example.com
- KMC FL has done its best to provide a good quality live-stream service. We cannot be responsible for the internet speed, lagging, video or sound quality of the personal devices used by people to receive the live stream.
I agree to these registration terms and conditions.