Saturday, April 20th, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
In this day retreat retreat we will look at how we can develop the peace of meditative stillness and concentration. A person with good concentration has control over their mind, like a well-trained horse that obeys its rider, and finds it easier to cultivate the positive qualities of mind we need to become a happier person. Through advancing our practice of meditation our distracting and unpeaceful thoughts subside and our mind becomes calm and smooth. Meditative stillness helps to make our body and mind comfortable and flexible and is essential if we wish to remain at peace in daily life.
The retreat includes practical instructions, guided meditations, Q & A, and food and refreshments. In between sessions there is time to relax, rest, and spend time with like minded friends in our Cafe. The peaceful surroundings of KMC Florida help people to create a comfortable space within their own minds. they are attending.
Saturday: 10 - 11:30 am Guidance and Meditation 11:30 am – 12 pm Break 12 – 1 pm Guidance and Meditation 1 – 2:30 pm Lunch 2:30 – 4 pm Guidance and Meditation
This event is taught by Gen Kelsang Khedrub. Gen Kelsang Khedrub, a Western Buddhist monk, has been studying and practicing Kadampa Buddhism under Geshe Kelsang Gyatso’s guidance for many years. His heartfelt teachings are presented with clarity and humor that make them accessible to everyone. Through his kindness, humility and deep understanding of Buddha’s teachings, Gen Khedrub provides an inspiring example of a contemporary Buddhist practitioner we can follow.
Live streaming classes booked on this website are only open for those local to KMC Florida. To help build a sense of local community, we ask those living in Florida, closer to Tampa, Safety Harbor, Fort Myers, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, and Orlando, to receive live stream classes from these local Kadampa Meditation/Buddhist Centers. Before purchasing our live stream classes please read our payment terms and conditions.
Read our Payment Terms & Conditions
KMC FL's Online Class Terms & Conditions
- The fee for the live stream classes is per person - links to the classes are not to be shared
- Classes are offered live and online. Unless stated, a video recording is not available afterward
Refunds and Cancellation
- Registrants can cancel participation to a live class and receive a full refund by emailing email@example.com at least 24 hours before the start time of the class.
- No refunds are given within 24 hours of any class unless there are unique circumstances that are submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- KMC FL has done its best to provide a good quality live-stream service. We cannot be responsible for the internet speed, lagging, video or sound quality of the personal devices used by people to receive the live stream.
I agree to these registration terms and conditions.