Saturday, November 16th, 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
When wisdom is in our hearts, our mind is very clear, confident, and free from disturbing thoughts. Wisdom gives us clarity and insight and, like an inner spiritual guide, helps us to act thoughtfully, skillfully, and meaningfully in daily life. Since all our negative minds are based upon the opposite of wisdom – confusion – everyone needs to develop wisdom.
There is one type of wisdom that, through its realization, will permanently free us from mental pain – the source of our daily unhappiness. This wisdom, called “Emptiness”, is the profound realization that everything in our world exists as a mere appearance to our mind, like a dream. Through “waking up” to this truth, we will discover that the world is not as real as it appears, and this sacred knowledge of emptiness will liberate us from mental anxiety permanently.
This event is open to everyone. It will begin with the Blessing Empowerment of Wisdom Buddha Manjushri. This is a special Buddhist meditation practice whereby, through guided meditation and visualization, we can connect deeply with our own potential for inner peace, as well as receiving positive energy, inspiration, and authentic joy into our mind.
The schedule of this event is as follows:
Saturday 8:30 – 9:30am Registration 10am – 12pm Blessing empowerment of Buddha Manjushri 12 – 1:30pm Lunch break 1:30 - 3pm Teaching on Manjushri meditation practice 3 - 3.30pm Break 3.30 - 4:30pm Guided Meditation
This event is taught by Gen Kelsang Chodor. Our resident teacher, Gen Kelsang Chodor, is a western Buddhist Monk. Ordained in 2001, he is a close disciple of Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche and has studied and practiced Buddhism for many years. He is much loved for his relaxed and gentle nature and teaches with great clarity, insight and wisdom, skillfully guiding people to inner peace and happiness in their lives.
The cost per person for this event is as follows:
(Click here to find out about becoming a Temple Member)
Lunch is included with this event but must be reserved online by Friday 11/15 at 10am. Lunch available for drop-ins on a first come first serve basis.
Cost per person On-line: $55 | At door: $75 Temple Members On-line: $45 | At door: $65
Live streaming classes booked on this website are only open for those local to KMC Florida. To help build a sense of local community, we ask those living in Florida, closer to Tampa, Safety Harbor, Fort Myers, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, and Orlando, to receive live stream classes from these local Kadampa Meditation/Buddhist Centers. Before purchasing our live stream classes please read our payment terms and conditions.
Read our Payment Terms & Conditions
KMC FL's Online Class Terms & Conditions
- The fee for the live stream classes is per person - links to the classes are not to be shared
- Classes are offered live and online. Unless stated, a video recording is not available afterward
Refunds and Cancellation
- Registrants can cancel participation to a live class and receive a full refund by emailing email@example.com at least 24 hours before the start time of the class.
- No refunds are given within 24 hours of any class unless there are unique circumstances that are submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- KMC FL has done its best to provide a good quality live-stream service. We cannot be responsible for the internet speed, lagging, video or sound quality of the personal devices used by people to receive the live stream.
I agree to these registration terms and conditions.