Saturday, June 27th, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
In this half day meditation workshop you will learn how to develop the peaceful mind of love and how to distinguish between the minds of love, desire, and attachment. Love and attachment are often mistaken for being the same thing. We can feel that loving others involves taking a risk that could potentially backfire and when we experience pain in our relationships we blame our “love” for others for the pain that we feel.
In his teachings Buddha taught that love and attachment are completely different, for love only ever brings peace, warmth, and mental freedom, whereas attachment breeds anxiety, fear, and insecurity in our relationships. Ultimately, all our anger is rooted in our attachment, the mind that “clings” to others as a source of happiness, but often we fail to recognize this. We can even mistakenly conclude that our love has deceived us and regret “falling in love”.
In this workshop we will learn to distinguish between love and attachment and how, through applying Buddha’s teaching on cultivating pure love, we can make our relationships more stable and enjoyable. We will also learn to distinguish between peaceful and positive desires and unhealthy and harmful desires and how we can use meditation to cultivate the former and abandon the latter.
How are these teachings live streamed?
These teachings are live streamed via YouTube (and not over zoom). When you register for the course you will be sent a link to a landing page on our website where you can watch the workshop sessions live streamed through YouTube. The video recording of this workshop will be available for 72 hours after it is live streamed for all those who register.
The schedule of this event is as follows:
Saturday 10 – 11:15 am Meditation / Teaching / Meditation 11:15 – 11:45 am Break 11:45 am – 1 pm Meditation / Teaching / Meditation
This event is taught by Gen Kelsang Chodor. Ordained in 2001, he is a close disciple of Geshe-la and has studied and practised Buddhism for many years. He is much loved for his relaxed and gentle nature and teaches with great clarity, insight and wisdom, skilfully guiding people to inner peace and happiness in their lives.
Live streaming classes booked on this website are only open for those local to KMC Florida. To help build a sense of local community, we ask those living in Florida, closer to Tampa, Safety Harbor, Fort Myers, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, and Orlando, to receive live stream classes from these local Kadampa Meditation/Buddhist Centers. Before purchasing our live stream classes please read our payment terms and conditions.
Read our Payment Terms & Conditions
KMC FL's Online Class Terms & Conditions
- The fee for the live stream classes is per person - links to the classes are not to be shared
- Classes are offered live and online. Unless stated, a video recording is not available afterward
Refunds and Cancellation
- Registrants can cancel participation to a live class and receive a full refund by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours before the start time of the class.
- No refunds are given within 24 hours of any class unless there are unique circumstances that are submitted in writing to email@example.com
- KMC FL has done its best to provide a good quality live-stream service. We cannot be responsible for the internet speed, lagging, video or sound quality of the personal devices used by people to receive the live stream.
I agree to these registration terms and conditions.