Friday, June 7th-Sunday, June 9th, 7:00 pm - 3:15 pmIndividual days can be attended. See belowAccommodation options available.
At some level we all wish to purify ourselves. It is not enough to clean our body because we are not our body. We need to purify our mind. This weekend, based on the teachings at the International Kadampa Spring Buddhist Festival, will explore how we can use the inner science of meditation to:
- Wash away anger, negativity, fear, guilt, and other negative emotions.
- Purify our potential for suffering and problems forever.
- Discover the innate purity of your mind.
Our weekend meditation retreats offer a unique opportunity for people to take time out to recharge physically, mentally and spiritually. They are held within the friendly, inspiring, and peaceful environment of KMC Florida and are open to beginners and to those who are more experienced at meditation.
The retreat will include practical instructions, guided meditations, Q & A, and food and refreshments. In between sessions there is time to relax, rest, and spend time with like minded friends in our Cafe. The peaceful surroundings of KMC Florida help people to create a comfortable space within their own minds.
Friday: 6 - 7pm Dinner 7 - 8:30pm Introduction to retreat Saturday: 9:30 - 10:45am Guided Meditation 11:45am - 1pm Guided Meditation 1pm - 2pm Lunch 2:15 - 3:30pm Guided Meditation 6 - 7pm Dinner 7:30 - 8:30pm WFJ w/tsog Chanted Prayers Sunday: 9 - 10:15am Guided Meditation 11 - 12:30pm Meditations for World Peace 12:30 - 1:30pm Lunch 2 - 3:15pm Guided Meditation
KMC Florida has a variety of on-site accommodation options including single, double, and triple occupancy rooms as well as a male and female dorm. We also have ample bathroom facilities for our guests. Staying onsite in our comfortable accommodation gives our retreat and class participants the opportunity to fully immerse themselves in the meditation retreat or course they are attending.
This event is taught by Gen Samten Kelsang. Gen Samten Kelsang, the Resident Teacher at KMC NY, is an internationally renowned Buddhist monk & teacher. Having studied under the close guidance of Venerable Geshe-la for many years, Gen Samten presents Buddha’s most profound teachings in a practical and accessible way for modern day practitioners. He has had the unique opportunity to engage in a three year retreat and carries with him a wealth of experience in skillfully guiding sincere practitioners to profound meditative insights.
Discounts on the course are available for Temple Supporters/Members.
Entire Weekend Friday Saturday Sunday Cost per person On-line: $75
At door: $100
At door: $15
At door: $40
At door: $40
Entire Weekend Friday Saturday Sunday Temple Supporter/Member On-line: $50
At door: $70
At door: Free
At door: $40
At door: $30
Single Room Twin Room Male Dormitory Female Dormitory Accommodation fees $80 (per night) $55 (per person, per night) $30 (one night) $30 (one night)
Live streaming classes booked on this website are only open for those local to KMC Florida. To help build a sense of local community, we ask those living in Florida, closer to Tampa, Safety Harbor, Fort Myers, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, and Orlando, to receive live stream classes from these local Kadampa Meditation/Buddhist Centers. Before purchasing our live stream classes please read our payment terms and conditions.
Read our Payment Terms & Conditions
KMC FL's Online Class Terms & Conditions
- The fee for the live stream classes is per person - links to the classes are not to be shared
- Classes are offered live and online. Unless stated, a video recording is not available afterward
Refunds and Cancellation
- Registrants can cancel participation to a live class and receive a full refund by emailing email@example.com at least 24 hours before the start time of the class.
- No refunds are given within 24 hours of any class unless there are unique circumstances that are submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- KMC FL has done its best to provide a good quality live-stream service. We cannot be responsible for the internet speed, lagging, video or sound quality of the personal devices used by people to receive the live stream.
I agree to these registration terms and conditions.