Tuesday, October 2nd-Tuesday, December 18th, 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Happiness is something that each one of us has the potential to experience, but often our habitual ways of thinking take us in the opposite direction. This engaging drop-in twelve week mindfulness series will teach critical lessons about some of the habits of happy people that will enrich your life’s experience.
We will explore meditations and ways of thinking that uplift the mind and how by carrying these with mindfulness into our day we can maintain a light, joyful attitude whatever life throws our way. Everyone is welcome to attend this series of classes. No previous experience necessary. Class topics are as follows:
- Stress factor zero
- Staying buoyant in daily life (overcoming anxiety)
- Filling the mind with positive energy (giving and rejoicing)
- Keeping a light mind (avoiding thoughts that make us feel “down”)
- The peace of patience (overcoming irritation and frustration)
- The art of self-acceptance
- Feeling connected to others (overcoming loneliness)
- Transforming adversity & staying positive
- Contentment (freedom from craving / addiction)
- Acceptance of loss and separation
- Developing authentic self-confidence
- Surviving Christmas special class
This event is taught by Gen Kelsang Chodor. Our resident teacher, Kelsang Chodor, is a western Buddhist Monk. Ordained in 2001, he is a close disciple of Geshe-la and has studied and practised Buddhism for many years. He is much loved for his relaxed and gentle nature and teaches with great clarity, insight and wisdom, skilfully guiding people to inner peace and happiness in their lives.