Thursday, November 28th, 11:00 am - 2:30 pm
Thanksgiving is a special time for remembering the kindness of others and what we have to be thankful for in our life. Appreciating the kindness of others leads to love and respect for them and greater harmony in our world.
“All living beings deserve to be cherished because of the tremendous kindness they have shown us. We came into this world naked and empty-handed and were immediately given a home, food, clothes, and everything else we needed. Even simple pleasures such as going for a walk or watching a beautiful sunset can be seen to be a result of the kindness of innumerable living beings. “ – Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, Eight Steps To Happiness
Special Thanksgiving dinnerCreamy White Bean Soup with Crispy CapersButtermilk Biscuits with Wild Flower Honey
Why is it so good gravy?Citrus Cardomon Cranberry RingSavory Corn Bread StuffingTofurky Slices
Wampanoag Style Lima Bean, Sweet Corn, and Butternut Squash Succotash
Creamy Mash Potatoes with Crispy Crunchettes
Cinnamon Pecan Topped Pumpkin Pie with Whipped Cream
Autumn Citrus Cider MocktailSparkling Water, Coffee and Tea
After the talk and meditation by Gen Kelsang Demo we invite you to join us in a special fundraising Thanksgiving meal. This will be a wonderful opportunity for you to spend your Thanksgiving in the fun and friendly company of the community of KMC Florida.
The schedule of this event is as follows:
Thursday 11 am – 12 pm Thanksgiving Talk & Meditation 12 – 12:45 pm Social Meet and Greet 12:45 – 2.30 pm Special Thanksgiving Dinner
This event is taught by Gen Kelsang Demo. Gen Kelsang Demo is the Midwestern US National Spiritual Director and the Resident Teacher here at Kadampa Meditation Center DC. She has been a student and disciple of Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche for over 20 years and has been teaching for 18 years.
Live streaming classes booked on this website are only open for those local to KMC Florida. To help build a sense of local community, we ask those living in Florida, closer to Tampa, Safety Harbor, Fort Myers, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, and Orlando, to receive live stream classes from these local Kadampa Meditation/Buddhist Centers. Before purchasing our live stream classes please read our payment terms and conditions.
Read our Payment Terms & Conditions
KMC FL's Online Class Terms & Conditions
- The fee for the live stream classes is per person - links to the classes are not to be shared
- Classes are offered live and online. Unless stated, a video recording is not available afterward
Refunds and Cancellation
- Registrants can cancel participation to a live class and receive a full refund by emailing email@example.com at least 24 hours before the start time of the class.
- No refunds are given within 24 hours of any class unless there are unique circumstances that are submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- KMC FL has done its best to provide a good quality live-stream service. We cannot be responsible for the internet speed, lagging, video or sound quality of the personal devices used by people to receive the live stream.
I agree to these registration terms and conditions.